Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Air rifle hunting in Britain


!±8± Air rifle hunting in Britain

It was 1978 when I first saw my first air rifle and air rifle had dreams of hunting, was a fresh spring day and I was visiting my grandmother and grandfather, who lived in the country. I grew up and lived in the town of Southampton, and if it were not for my grandparents to move to the country would have to work Lockerly Hall Estate, just outside of Romsey, I would probably never have been bitten by the bug air rifle.

Normally, my cousin, Dean, and I would stand up to ourusual nonsense that we always got up, went around when we visit our grandparents, around in the woods to scare deer and pheasants and hunt with pointed sticks, to escape from my brother Ian and little trees and bushes to hide in general, and make a nuisance for us. But otherwise this day, this day was!

There were a few huts in the paddock, where my uncle used to surround back hundreds of pheasants for hunting season, on the one handwas the high wall in the garden of my grandfather and uncle's house, which ran from near the clock tower courtyard and stable. The large villa belonged to the landowner, was nearby, but we rarely ever there was. It 'was the teenager, who lived in the hut at the end of the paddock, which excites our attention today, because he had an air rifle. It 'been a meteor BSA and it was fantastic! It was the sound of shooting cans hit by pellets, the factour attention and that was for the day. No, it pretends to forests, hunting today, which was the real thing, and we were beside ourselves excited.

Now city boy for nine and ten years since I had never seen an air rifle that was just the best thing ever. The teenager did not let us touch his new pride and joy, but to show us, and simply sit and watch as he drops tin cans was simply brilliant, and if all of this, he was beatenLet's step back and take delivery of the cans. At that time, was great and seeing all the holes in the sheet metal has surprised us both. I want to leave my grandparents 'house' that day and had an air rifle of my dreams, but that was not the case, until my next meeting with his air rifle at the age of 23.

Now aged 23 and serving in the Royal Air Force, was during a day shift, when I found a gun in the hands of fellow magazine air my turn. I was stunned, Ihad no idea that the magazines for air rifles. I had quite as I had as a child and how it made me feel forgotten, wanted. I had a look through my journal and I was once friends with passion and enthusiasm that I have filled in all the years before felt. I had an air rifle and this time I was old enough and I got my money.

For the next few weeks I searched the local newspapers for free add search of air guns and has been used, while theis back in Southampton on a visit to my parents that I found what would become my first air rifle. Weihrauch HW35 A.22 It 'was and it was really heavy and beautiful. He was rather confused a couple of low-cost range of unnamed people, and measuring along the rails every time that he was fired due to the severe setback, but I loved it and together we went on quite a formidable team against the local rabbits I have lived in Oxfordshire. I never understood how effective hunting with air riflecould be until I got my first gun. It was during his time with the RAF in Oxfordshire, joined the station I took this club has the right automatic pistol and several thousand acres of farmland nearby. During hunting season my first Rook, I shot more than 60 towers in a day when it was practically raining Rooks in the woods, where I was shooting.

My rifle was later called in the form of an antique Gem air rifle, the octagonal my grandfather to me, with her A.25And without a hitch in the basket. Fire still bright and has enough power to kill the rats at 20 meters. Also, I had an air gun, not really know why, but I just wanted one, so I went to the forge to buy gun in Reading a.177 Webley Hurricane to shoot at cans in the garden.

Some of my friends had by this time have several new air rifles and I started to feel the urge to buy completely new. I could not really afford, butwithin 2 years, always my first air rifle I ordered a brand new.22 THEOB Scirroco Classic Carbine with an enormous scope Tasco, and continued as the relation of love air rifle. It 'been a good gas-powered air rifle with a beautiful walnut stock RAM and I still have today, although there is now a trademark new.177 THEOB MFR, which is decorated with an amazing frame Simmons Whitetail Classic has been replaced. The MFR is called an air gun that uses a 17 round magazine and gives meabout 250 or more shots per charge. I use Premier Crossman air rifle bullets in flight, actually see when shooting at night because of the bottom plate and polish the lack of recoil of the gun, a tire can.

So, here I am 42 years old, I still have the vintage air rifle Webley Pistol Gem and hurricane and I still have my two guns THEOB. I can not remember where the incense was HW35, but I think it is sold or gave up the ghost and gotdiscarded. Can I get lucky, a good size garden, now that I took in tin cans or targets, or even a bag of rabbit or pigeon, who have to eat my veggie plot of miracles. One thing for sure, but I will always be air rifles and I will always go hunting shotgun because I was taken by air gun when I was ten years old and is still with me today stronger than ever.


Air rifle hunting in Britain

Cheap Styling Chairs For Sale Step Down Voltage Converter Guide




No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。







Sponsor Links